FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Clarkson, Gavin S" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:07:08 -0600
In terms of assessing the partisanship of your post, would you have
posted the same message with a prominent identification of his party
affiliation if Congressman Hoekstra had been a Democrat?

For that matter, would the media have alerted you as gleefully to
Hoekstra's arguably boneheaded use of Twitter if he were a Democrat?

(Not a nasty email, just a lament about the level of partisanship in so
many aspects of our national discourse.  Dubya utterly failed to "change
the tone" in Washington, and I have little hope that Obama will succeed
in reducing partisan rancor either)  :(

-- Gavin