FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sally Gunz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:10:49 -0500
Well this is what a Globe and Mail blog said re this:
"/He entered Le Moulin de Provence and announced he wanted Canadian
cookies. The baker, from the South of France, obliged with Maple Leaf
cookies.

"I figure I'd get some points from may daughters," potus announced. The
baker refused his cash -- don't know if they were loonies. "It's for
your daughters," he said. "It's not for you."

/ //Now I am assuming he was not looking for the basic cheapie packaged
maple leaf cookie  -- if this kind  is a Canadian delicacy it is not one
most of us eat routinely. On the other hand -- it is prob. just as well
most of us don't get to Ottawa or we would eat the other pastry daily
(on my last visit that was my dietary restriction -- the first one I ate
was so good and the weather was so cold I wouldn't take my gloves off
and I found myself eating the paper it was wrapped in as well, but that
was a small cost!

For a full report on the fine cuisine, beaver tail, please refer all
further requests to Dan Herron!

Sally
//