FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Roger Reinsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:37:37 -0600
I don't have an answer, but I would suspect that any protection for
mediators would be under either state common law principles or under a
specific state statute that would provide protection.  If mediators such as
those on a campus are not included then there would be no protection.  So I
would look to the laws of the state to see if there are any specific
cases/statutes that provide protection, for what activities and how much
protection.  My guess is that unless there is clear abuse of discretion,
there would be protection.