FACULTYTALK Archives

June 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:42:05 -0500
Dear ALSB Colleagues:

I wanted to let you all know about a unique summer study program that
may be of interest to you and your students who are interested in
international business.

Laval University in Quebec City, Canada has been hosting a Summer
Business School for the past two weeks.  We are finishing this week
and it has been very successful thus far.  In this first ever offering
of the program 11 students (7 Canadians, 3 Americans and 1 Chinese)
have been learning about various aspects of business from an
international standpoint.

Their curriculum includes courses in International Trade, Finance,
Marketing, Management, Accounting, Political Systems, History and
Culture.  Outside of the class students have made field trips to
Quebec's provincial parliament (where we had lunch), various
manufacturing and agricultural facilities and they have formed
friendships which will probably last a lifetime.  The students have
learned much about the cultural differences and attitudes that our
societies share about one another.

This is an important program that will allow students to gain a better
understanding of their world and how international trade plays an
important role in their lives.  The American students participating in
this program are receiving six semester hour credits for their
participation in the program.

I am sending this email out now, because it's never too early to put
the word out about the program for next summer.  Laval University has
a reputation as one of the top institutions of higher learning in
Canada.  The cost for the program is extremely reasonable given the
costs of similar summer programs and the favorable exchange rate of
the US dollar in Canada.  If you are interested in knowing more about
the program or would like information on next year's Summer Business
School you are welcome to contact me at [log in to unmask] or the
program director here in Quebec City, Mr. Philip Grenon at

I hope that everyone is having a pleasant summer break.  Thanks for
your time and attention.

Richard
-------------------------------------
Richard D. Parker, MPA, Ph.D.