FACULTYTALK Archives

November 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sally Gunz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 07:44:16 -0500
The answer to Keith's question is "yes" it has changed. Nancy Mansfield is
this year's coordinator/champion of the teaching symposium. You will be
getting a flyer shortly explaining all the different tracks, competitions
etc. Included will be details of the teaching symp (Dan, I believe, was
posting it this week). Any of us (other than past winners) can compete for
the teaching symp and the award of "master teacher". There will be a
second stage to the competition with the grand winner being selected on
the basis of the symp itself. Nancy is putting together a wonderful event
and I would urge all our fine teachers to think seriously about entering
this year. The emphasis is on the applied -- so not only must you have
good ideas about teaching you must also exhibit excellence in
demonstrating them.

Note for our poor strike bound Canadians (no mail) -- if you would like me
to fax or email the flyer, please let me know. Who knows when we will all
get Dan's mailing.

Thanks Keith for asking the question.

Sally