FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lee Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2009 22:22:52 -0400
Re the request to rank ALL law journals, I would do so only with regard to our business school discipline of legal studies. Ranking all law journals is quite akin to ranking ALL business journals or ALL science journals. To those of you who might disagree, consider that, invariably, law libraries are larger, i.e., have more books and scholarly journals, than the entire business collections of the general library.

Perhaps I have misconceived the request that has blindsided Carol, but I have grown weary over the years of explaining   why if the Harvard Law Review is the leading journal of MY field, I don't have at least a few articles there.