FACULTYTALK Archives

July 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Daphne D. Sipes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 06:32:33 -0500
I concur with Dawn's idea about a permanent program chair.  The learning
curve is huge and the efficient re-use of that talent and skill could be
a facotr in continuity and consistency.  Although all of our programs
have been superior in my opinion and refreshingly different each year.
Perhaps a 2-3 year rotation?
On the other side there is a benefit to allowing one to learn the ropes
and thus rotate as many members as is appropriate for her/his development.

Daphne Sipes
Soon to be visiting at Western Carolina University
Currently very hot and dry at The University of Texas at San Antonio