FACULTYTALK Archives

December 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Susan Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:48:53 -0600
I have to admit, that was my take too.  I was a bit puzzled when I started
reading this latest discussion - thought maybe I hadn't been very
observant when I looked initially at the cartoon!

On a another note, in my advanced business law class they have in lieu of
a traditional final an assignment to do a Creative Project on a legal
theme.  Students have been trickling up to talk to me about their projects
lately.  Yesterday a student asked me if a layer cake could count as an
art project.

Her plan was to have the bottom layer of plain white cake, symbolizing the
formation of the Constitution.  Next would be chocolate, followed by a
thinner layer of strawberry, etc.  She plans to use icing decorations to
illustrate additional themes pertaining to  Constitutional rights.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the Artist's Statement and
seeing how this project turns out!  Not to mention, she suggested that
after she presents, the class could eat the project...