FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marsha Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:53:21 -0400
Thanks for your help.  It looks good!

Marsha

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fran Zollers" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: Our comments to AACSB

Colleagues,

Attached is the comment we sent to AACSB's Blue Ribbon Committee. This
is an amalgamation of your thoughts and ideas. Thanks to the Executive
Committee and the Blue Ribbon group (ALSB deans, assoc. deans, and
former of same, along with other strong voices) who also helped shape
this comment.

Our comments are essentially three: 1) add ethics to the mix of courses
for which a JD is considered the terminal degree; 2) add political,
legal, and regulatory environments of business to the bulleted list of
content that every MBA should learn; 3) put the CPA plus LLM back in as
a credential for teaching taxation.

We signed the letter as President and AACSB liaison, but please know
this was truly a group effort. We will keep you apprised of any feedback
we receive and any future iterations of the Draft.

Fran and Ginny