FACULTYTALK Archives

June 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Frank Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:07:52 -0700
Not Ginny or Jim but responding nevertheless.  The idea was good,
but the problem was in the execution.  The publisher representatives
with whom we work would help, but we needed higher level assistance
that was not available.  It was also hard to structure an independent
survey.  Members of our group, eg, George Seidel have already produced
valuable info supporting our claims, but everyone is aware that our
use of such data looks self-serving and is discounted.  It was not clear that
it was a wise use of resources for us to sponsor such a survey, when any
positive results would be so discounted.

Frank Cross
Herbert D. Kelleher Centennial Professor of Business Law
CBA 5.202
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712