FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Miller, Carol J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 15:55:06 -0500
To:    Dan Herron

From:  Carol Miller (SMSU)

Legal Studies Project:  Key information from AACSB universities that I
am
                        collecting includes:

  -- undergraduatelegal studies majors and minors
          -- inside and outside of business
  -- legal environment/ business law courses
           number of hours in core, in accounting, level (soph, jr, sn)
at
           which it is taught, content
  -- dept. name where most b. law courses are taught
  -- econ, enviromental and ethics info -- but may be separate projects

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the project
and I am buried in stacks of material.  I now have some information from
most of the 400 U.S. AACSB accredited universities and will continue the
very tedious process of trying to fill in as much missing data as
possible after I finish teaching Intersession (end of May).  Most of the
information is being collected from university websites -- some of which
are user-friendly and some of which are definitely not.  This summer I
may e-mail a few faculty members whose online information is incomplete.

At this time, I cannot give you a completion date; it is a very
time-consuming project.  Once all the data is collected, I will input it
into a spreadsheet and then statistical analysis will begin.  I hope to
submit the completed report to the Journal of Legal Studies Education
and then make relevant portions of the data available to you to link to
the ALSB website.