FACULTYTALK Archives

June 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Constance Bagley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:40:17 -0400
Harvard Business School has Leadership and Corporate
Accountability in the MBA core. The course covers law,
ethics, corporate governance and a bit on internal
controls.

Connie

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:59:44 -0400
  [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Hello all,  We are contemplating changes to our MBA
>cirriculum and there is a proposal to add "Business Law
>and Ethics" to the core.  Naturally we have some faculty
>who believe that if a course isn't quantitative it
>shouldn't be taught.    How many of your schools have law
>in its graduate core?  Are any of you considering it?
> I'll do a more extensive check but a quick unscientiific
>survey would be a nice start.  Thank you.  Mike
>
> Michael A. Katz, J.D.
> Delaware State University
> Department of Accounting and Finance
> 1200 North DuPont Highway
> MBNA America Building, Rm 206 D
> Dover, DE 19901
> (302) 857-6918
> (302) 857-6924 (fax)
> " target=blank>[log in to unmask]>

Constance E. Bagley
Associate Professor of Business Administration
Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field
Boston, MA 02163
617.495.6963 {v)