FACULTYTALK Archives

July 2015

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nancy Lasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jul 2015 17:00:37 -0400
Hi Denise,

Yes, I can drive to Philly.  Actually, I'm planning to take the train early Friday morning and my husband will drive down and join me on Saturday.  We will go home on Monday night because I have to teach a class on Tuesday afternoon.  Some of my colleagues think it's strange that I'm staying over and not taking the train in each day but there is so much that goes on from breakfast through the evening--I really like the time to connect with everyone.

The accounting program position keeps you so busy!  Weren't you also recruiting the year we went to KC--I think you had just been to AAA and met some of my TCNJ colleagues there.

My mother, who was with me in Seattle last year, wanted to go to Puerto Rico with me next year because the hotel is a Ritz Carlton (I think).  Then she heard recently that PR just raised its sales tax to 10.5% and she called to tell me and said "why go there"?  I had to remind her this is business and not (as you put it) a boondoggle.

Good luck with recruiting.  Talk to you soon.

Nancy