FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nancy Kubasek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:25:51 -0500
Colleagues,
         I have a question that one of my colleagues asked and I didn't
know the answer, but thought someone on this list might.  My colleague's
student drove across the state line from Ohio to Michigan and purchased a
keg of beer.  The student is 21 years old.  Just after he crossed over the
state line back into Ohio, he was pulled over by an Ohio patrolman who saw
the keg and confiscated it.  He told the student that he would receive a
citation in the mail for the unlawful transportation of alcohol across
state lines.  The incident took place about three weeks ago and the student
has received nothing in the mail.  He asked my colleague if he knew
anything about this prohibition against interstate transportation of
alcohol.  My colleague had never heard of such a law, so he asked me.  I
said that I didn't know what law he was referring to, but I would send an
inquiry to the list to see whether anyone could tell him anything about
this law.  If someone could provide any information about the law that I
could pass on to him, I would appreciate it.

Nancy

Nancy K. Kubasek
Professor of Legal Studies
273 Business Administration Building