FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2013

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Ingulli, Elaine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:51:09 -0500
I've been listening to the radio and feeling very sad...

I, too, was in high school and I remember being sent home early and walking (a long walk!) to the bus stop with friends and trying to grasp what it meant.

I have to say that his election was my political awakening. My dad had taken me to see JFK at a campaign stop at the Staten Island ferry during the election and I had gotten his scribble on a piece of paper. Somehow that always made me feel so attached to him. I remember  watching the debates on TV (both my parents voted for Nixon), and the inauguration and the funeral, and going to the Dallas book repository when ALSB was in Dallas some years ago.  Growing up, I lived in a fairly Catholic neighborhood, and my neighborhood friends (as opposed to my school friends) were largely Irish Catholic so there was a strong Kennedy-connection in the air.

Elaine Ingulli

Professor of Business Law
Coordinator of PLAW Track
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
Local Negotiator, Stockton Federation of Teachers (SFT)
(609)652-4304