FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rosemary Hartigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:06:08 -0500
Konrad,

Depends on how short you want to go.  I teach a 6-credit course that
includes  business ethics, business law and organizational theory.  I
only have about two weeks for Business Ethics, and I have been
experimenting  this term with Practical Business Ethics for the Busy
Manager by Neil Browne, Andrea Giampetro-Meyer and Carrie Williamson.
(Pearson/Prentice Hall ).  If you want coverage of traditional ethical
theory, this is not the book for you, but I like the practical approach
and the critical thinking framework it provides. The students seem to
like it too.

I've also used Boatright, Ethics and the Conduct of Business (also
Prentice Hall) for the more traditional approach.

Good luck.

Rosemary

Rosemary Hartigan
Professor and Director, Business and Executive Programs
University of Maryland University College