FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marsha Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:37:51 -0400
Here at the College, we have MANY parties.  Some more offensive than others.
Our Frats have done all sorts of "black-face" skits, Halloween costumes,
etc.  Where are the faculty advisors in all this?  next week we'll be having
our annual "Trick or Drink" parties for Halloween.  The freshmen are
particularly "victimized" and "targeted" in this event. (Alcohol was not
allowed at Rush Parties and this is the first big reason to party on
campus.)  No one on my campus really seems to care and the tradition
continues.

Marsha