FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
SALLY GUNZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:06:22 -0400
Anyone hear the interview between Michael Enright and "Jimmy Carter"
yesterday morning re the soft wood lumber dispute (Carter had written in
the NYTimes about it last week)? It was a beauty with each of them
slamming the other. I couldn't work out what was going on -- Carter of
all people. The national newspaper here (the Globe and Mail) had a front
page article complaining about the rudeness of the interviewer which
included calling Carter a washed out peanut farmer (Carter gave back as
good as he took). I guess many of us failed to note the date!

On a more serious note -- what is the reaction in the US to Bush's
statements on the Kyoto accord (and Canada's failure to show any
backbone I might add)? Is this likely to be the final word?

Sally