FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2010

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Storch, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:45:42 -0400
The plaintiff didn't voluntary choose to be around a 5 year old nor did she know and appreciate that the 5 year old would be drag racing her tricycle down a public sidewalk where the little old lady was walking.  Between the child who caused the harm and the innocent old lady, i think the law should favor the most innocent party and therefor the kid should pay for the damage she caused.  Parents have a duty to supervise their kids and teach them right from wrong.........and drag racing down a public sidewalk is clearly wrong.