FACULTYTALK Archives

August 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daphne Sipes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 08:27:08 -0500
        I have forgotten my manners!

        Peter,

Thank you for a very enjoyable meeting.  The JW Marriot was a fabulous
place, being Atlanta made the travel and expense most agreeable.  Of
course, the Lennox Square shopping was good, too!  I enjoyed our sessions
and the panels I was able to attend.  I heard great papers and stimulating
conversations (debates?).  And as always with this group, I learned more.
Having served as a program chair at many levels, I do understand the
juggling that you must have encountered.

I heard some truly super papers - though not all - I must say Nancy
Mansfield and Joan Gabel's award-winning papers was one of the best.  I am
very pleased that it received an award, and I look forward to seeing it in
printed circulation.  By the way, John Norwood's paper on Saturday was very
well done!

Thank you and your family for your service.

        Dan,

        As always, the meeting was so well organized.  You and your family are one
class act.  When I come to the meetings, it is like coming home to see old
friends and make new ones.  You make that possible for us aged ones and for
the newcomers.  May your year be a productive and fun one!

Thank you and your family for your service.

        Ann McClure:  You take care of our CLE- We - at least I- take your work
for granted because you are so organized and meticulous with each state's
requirements.  I thank you for all of your years of service and providing
me with added value at the meeting.

Thank you and your family for your service.

        Fran Hill - dear President outgoing:

        Your speech at the banquet was touching, personal, and very special.  Our
organization has been blessed by you.  Your professionalism and continuous
service have not gone unnoticed by those of us whom you rarely hear from.

At 02:59 PM 8/25/97 -0600, you wrote:
-----------------------
>Sender:       "Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) Talk"
>Poster:       "Patricia M. Pattison" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Last chance for Vail
----

>Whoops, my apologies.  I intended to respond only to Joan, but I was
>careless.
>
>pp

Daphne D. Sipes, J.D.
Georgia College & State University