FIRSTBOOK Archives

February 2004

FIRSTBOOK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Megan Solon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:07:47 -0500
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in details, it took a few days for the Headstart
coordinator and I to be able to talk in person. But- she is very excited
about us coming! She wants to know if we could come on Tuesday, February
24th at 10am and 3pm because she has both a morning and afternoon class.
Each class has 18 students. The "party" would last an hour or less and
would just consist of us distributing the books, either someone reading to
the whole class or breaking off and reading to like a group of kids and
maybe having some snacks with them.

So- now, what we need to do is:
1) decide who can go and when; please e-mail me your availability for
either/both of these times.
2) how we can get there; if you have a car and would be willing to drive a
group of people to Headstart, please let me know.
3) what we would like to do; e.g. snacks, activities, readers (we may have
to be a bit creative with the snacks-- nothing with peanuts- there are
some with peanut allergies and we may have to ok our snack with their
nutrition staff)

I propose that we have a meeting next Tuesday, February 17th at 8pm in the
Social Action Center to solidify our plans. In the meantime please e-mail
me your availability. And any ideas you may have concerning this event,
feel free to post over the listserv so that everyone can participate in
brainstorming/etc; just e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Megan