FIRSTBOOK Archives

June 2007

FIRSTBOOK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mcpherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mcpherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:31:40 -0300
CAON Takes New Direction. Investors Are All Over It!

Chan-On International Inc.
Symbol: CAON
Close: $0.72 UP 4.35%

Volume Jumped through the roof today as CAON announced it has changed
its direction and acquired Harbin Hongbo, as wells as its 12 patients
for environmentally safe construction materials. Investors are already
seeing the potential. We expect great things from CAON with big news
expected Monday. Get on CAON first thing Monday!

" Bloom's observation will be true as long as American religion looks to
the Bible for guidance.

The 'customer' is still at the counter, asking, "Hey, where the hell's
my roast beef?

Somewhere down the line, one or the other's going to get me into trouble
some day.
This time, they seem to have shrunk a little in the drawer over the
winter. Indeed, they believed they had a moral obligation to God to
think freely and use their God-given reason to form sound, logical
conclusions about themselves, the world, and what their duties were. And
stop watching old cartoon shows. The democrats are simply manipulating
the simple minded just like the republicans do.
I only wish one of the candidates had the backbone to tell you "no.
Anything for the cuase of medical research.
Thermonuclear devices in the freezer section?

Evidently, some on the Left fear they can't win arguments without
religious authority. " Bertrand Russell similarly observed: "Almost all
the changes which the world has undergone since the end of the Middle
Ages are due to the discovery and diffusion of new knowledge. " Bloom's
observation will be true as long as American religion looks to the Bible
for guidance. Anything's better than the truth.
The meteorologists are no help, either. Don't tell me what God says.

So either we'll start learning some interesting and substantive things
about our candidates' religions, or more people will start objecting to
bringing personal religious beliefs into politics.

Now I feel obligated to go into my folder and read the subject lines
outloud! You have to trust me. Szteamy lesbqians in tyhe btathtub! "
With that, the punk faints and slides to the floor. We're rounding third
now, and heading for home!

This is how broad power bases on built. El Classo de Espanol Good News
for Goofballs Grammar, Charlie-Style Grammar, Revisitated How I Feel
About Hippos How I Feel About Pinatas How I Feel About Pirates Life Is
Like. But just in case, I'd better get these shorts out into some
sunshine, while it lasts.

I don't think any of that helps, per se, but after a few minutes the
pain subsides enough to get the stupid thing off my eyeball and clean it
up.

I'll tell people I'm from Wisconsin; it'll be fine. Overhead, the whine
of jet fighter engines grow louder.

Acting as free, autonomous individuals, they make their own decisions
about what sort of value to place on religious traditions and whether to
treat any religion's teachings as reliable. What percent of elected
officials, do you think, are actually atheists who lie about their
beliefs?

I find this offensive and demeaning.

With a long, damp, and chilly spring so far, today is the first day of
the year I've been able to wear shorts.
What we saw on Monday night were three Democratic candidates
participating in a forum they had no choice but to attend. It's a
coercive, authoritarian form of discourse.