GER610 Archives

September 1997

GER610@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Audrone Willeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami Univ GER 610 (Prof A B Willeke) [Self-Paced & Year Around
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:21:12 -0400
Dear Students in GER 610,

Having heard from most of you, I have determined that there is no one time
in the week which will take care of everyone.

First of all, the work sessions are intended for those of you who are
working on Units A-D, so for instance, Brenda Weber and Todd Theriault, who
are working with their own selected texts (Units E and F) have no reason to
come. They are already know almost everything about German grammar.

I will offer two weekly times to accommodate your schedules better:

Fridays at 2 pm (Lou Vera, Ryan Van Lenning, anyone else?)
Wednesdays at 3pm, as before (Kurt Shoemaker, Beth Chapman, anyone else?)

Katerina: can you come to either of the above?
Brian: I did not hear from you... can you come to either of the above?

Since I don't expect more that two people per session, let's meet in my
office at 144 Irvin, rather than in the classroom reserved for us.

The sessions have the following purposes:
1. to give you a bird's-eye-view of the grammatical structure of German eg.
I explain the noun declension and the verb system. This is not easy to get
from the grammar text which introduces small amounts of information at a time.
2. to practice pronunciation (if desired)
3. to provide motivation (you're not alone!) and to answer any questions.
You can come to the sessions and not feel uncomfortable, even if you have
not done much on German lately.

Please note that there will be no work session offered on Wed. Oct 8--I am
leaving town that afternoon. Friday, Oct. 10 is the midterm holiday.

A. Willeke
Audrone B. Willeke, Professor of German
Department of German, Russian and East Asian Languages
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Fax:(513)529-1807, Tel:(513)529-2515 or -2526(message)
E-Mail: <[log in to unmask]>