GSCA Archives

August 2005

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:54:52 -0400
We, the Executive Board of Graduate Students of Color, hope you have had a
relaxing and rewarding summer (can you believe it is almost over?!) As you
are returning to Oxford, or remaining at Oxford for the school year please
make plans to join us for the 10th annual Graduate Students of Color
retreat that will be held on August 20, 2005 from 10-2:30 in the Marcum
Center. Free continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Attached is a
schedule of events for the retreat that concludes with a tour of Oxford
and a barbecue later on that evening. You may invite family and friends to
the barbecue, just indicate how many will be accompanying you when you
R.S.V.P.

Your amity and insight as returning student is central to helping the
incoming students acclimate themselves to Miami University academically
and socially. If you came last year I’m sure you enjoyed networking and
fellowshipping with the incoming class, if you did not’t come, know that
your presence was missed and that you are an essential constituent of this
graduate community; A community that thrives on giving and receiving
support from each other. If you have already graduated and have received
this email (we are in the process of updating the listserv) please feel
free to come if you are still in the area, we would love to have you too!
Please R.S.V.P by contacting Dr. Cheryl Evans by phone: (513)-529-3734,
fax: (513)-529-3762, or email: [log in to unmask] Attached is an
itinerary for the retreat. We look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

Jamon Holt
Assistant to Associate Dean of Graduate School
Coordinator of Minority Recruitment
GSCA Executive Board Member