GSCA Archives

October 2007

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lara Chatman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:59:31 -0400
Greetings!

     I would like to take this time to formally invite each and every one
of you to celebrate Homecoming all week long with BSAA! Our theme this year
is "A Stroll Down Bourbon Street" celebrating the intracacies of New
Orleans culture while finding ways to continue to raise awareness and give
back to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. All of our programing this
week is centered around this philanthropy. We hope that you join us for a
week of fun and giving.

     To end off a full week of programming and a jam-packed day of events
on Saturday, come out to THE official Homecoming Dance "Midnight Mardi
Gras" in Shriver MPR sponsored by BSAA! Doors open at 8pm, and the
festivities begin promptly at 9:30! Tickets will be on sale all week in the
basement of Shriver for $8, or $10 at the door. Come early to enjoy New
Orleans inspired Hors d'ouerves, professional photography and more Mardi
Gras magic!! Please come dressed to impress!!

Bridging the gap between black faculty and the student body is something we
would really like to accomplish this year. Please support and help us make
the first step in doing so.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.

Ms. Adrianna Joy Chestnut

Vice President, Black Student Action Association

Residence Assistant, MacCracken Hall

216-509-8793 (Cell)