GSCA Archives

October 2005

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jarius Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:34:54 -0400
Subject: Fwd: Resident Assistant and Community Learning Assistant
Positions From:    "Cheryl Evans" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:    Thu, October 20, 2005 7:28 am
To:      "Mr. Jairus-Joaquin R. Matthews" <[log in to unmask]>

GSCA Listserv please
>Date:         Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:14:24 -0400
>Sender: Association of Black Faculty and Staff
<[log in to unmask]> From: Matthew Boaz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fwd: Resident Assistant and Community Learning Assistant
Positions Comments: cc: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi Everyone!
>
>I was asked to post this message. Please share the following
>information with as many students as possible. Having been a
>Resident Assistant at my alma mater, I can say from experience that  this
can be a wonderful undergraduate experience.

>Thank you,
>Matt Boaz
>
>Hello!  I am Nicole Hollywood, the Coordinator of Student Staff
>Recruitment, Training and Development for Residence Life and New  Student
Programs.  We are in full swing of our recruitment for
>Resident Assistants and Community Learning Assistants (student staff  for
the Western College Program)!   Applications for positions are  accepted
year-round.  However, to be considered during the main
>interview process for a position beginning in the Fall of 2006,
>interested candidates should complete their application by December  2,
2005 at 4pm.  More information and the application can be found  on our
website at: www.muohio.edu/reslife.
>Could you please pass this information on to students you feel would
appreciate this rewarding leadership experience?  Particularly, this
year, we are searching for more minority and male candidates.  If  you
are willing, please send names of any students you would like to
recommend to me at [log in to unmask]  Someone from our office will
contact them, personally, in regard to the position.
>Thank you for your help... word of mouth is the best way, we have  found,
to reach candidates!

Cheryl Burgan Evans, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of the Graduate School and
Associate Professor - Family Studies
Graduate School
102B Roudebush Hall
Miami University