GSCA Archives

April 2005

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Kama R." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:13:33 GMT
Greetings NC Region!

Below is an email from a Ph.D candidate at Ball State University. In the
spirit of support for our fellow graduate students, I think it would be
great if we could help her with her dissertation request. Please see
below. Also note that this is for African American women only.

Thanks!

Marnel N. Niles
Northcentral Regional Representative

National Black Graduate Student Conference
March 16-20, 2005
Charlotte, NC
www.nbgsa.org

Hello,

My name is Gina Evans and I am an African American doctoral student at
Ball State University. I am also a former member of BGSA.  I am currently
collecting data for my dissertation and would greatly appreciate you
taking the time to complete my survey.   The survey explores factors that
affect dietary choices of African American women.  The data will be
analyzed and the results will be reported.  The ultimate goal is to
publish the study and use the information to conduct support groups for
African American women to change their eating behaviors and overall
wellness.  The URL links is provided.  I need approx. 160 participants so
please forward this e-mail and link on to any African American women who
would also be willing to complete the survey.  It would also be
appreciated if you could forward this message to a BGSA loop or other
BGSA members. Please help a sista graduate!!!

http://www.bsu.edu/inqsit/inqsit.cgi/evans?Dietary+fat+influence

Thanks,

Gina Evans, M.A.
Mental Health Counselor/Psychiatric Testing Tech.
Cardinal Healthcare System
317-840-5096