GSCA Archives

April 2007

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ariel Washington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:13:41 -0400
Greetings:

I just got this today. I am going to try and go and you should too if you
get the chance. I wonder why his family never told him he was black? (Kind
of makes you wonder where people really stand.)

OFF NOTE: There is a guy in my program who's wife is a teacher. They took
in 4 kids from a school she teaches at in Cincinnati. Three are black and
One is white, he told me they were about to adopt one of them, and guess
what it is the white one. They have there reasons but I really wanted to
ask why not any of the black kids? This came at a good time for me because
I have my own issues with mixed race adoptions.

With Kindest Greetings,

Ariel Washington