GSCA Archives

August 2006

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kidada Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:12:06 -0400
Welcome back!

We are excited and looking forward to another encouraging, uplifting and
fulfilling year at Miami University. We would like to invite all of you to
our annual GSCA orientation.  It will be this Saturday, August 19, 2006,
from 10-2:30 pm at the Marcum Conference Center. We are encouraging all
present and incoming students to attend as this is one of the most crucial
events GSCA sponsors. This is an excellent opportunity to meet the
incoming graduate students and set the tone for the pending year.  As many
of you are aware, Dr. Evans is no longer at the university so life may be
more challenging than before, but this orientation will allow us to
dialogue and hopefully dispel many of the rumors that are circulating.

There will also be a meet and greet barbecue at 6:00 PM at the park in
town next to the Tri-Community center. We encourage all of you to attend
and bring families.  I am asking for you to email me and let me know of
your attendance. We still have to be able to accommodate all of those who
would like to attend. If there are any questions, please give me a call at
513-330-3053.

Our attendance at events this year is crucial to the future of GSCA as an
organization. Please continue to support our organization and Graduate
students of color at Miami!

See you Saturday!

Kidada Robinson
Family Studies, Masters student