GSCA Archives

January 2006

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jarius Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:16:37 -0500
Subject: Fwd: [EAPALLMEMBERS] Adopt A School
From:    "Cheryl Evans" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:    Thu, January 19, 2006 8:04 am
To:      "Mr. Jairus-Joaquin R. Matthews" <[log in to unmask]>

Please post on the GSCA listserv.
Thanks
>Approved-By: [log in to unmask]
>Date:         Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:13:22 -0500
>Sender: "EAP's
>Administrators,Staff,Faculty,Graduate
>Assistants" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: adoptaschool <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [EAPALLMEMBERS] Adopt A School
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hello, my name is Sarah Barnaby and I am the
>Director of the Adopt A School Program here at
>Miami University. Adopt A School is a volunteer
>organization that sends Miami students into
>local community schools to assist or tutor a
>child in need. I would appreciate it if you sent
>the following blurb about the program and
>information sessions to your classes for the
>spring 2006 semester. If you have any questions,
>please do not hesitate to contact me at
>[log in to unmask] or 529.8720. Thank you for your time!
>
>Miami University
>Adopt A School Program
>
>The lives of many children will change this year…And you can be a part of
it! Become an Adopt A School volunteer today!

>The Adopt A School Program is designed for Miami University students who
wish to actively volunteer in the local schools and interact with
students in grades K - 12. Adopt A School volunteers can assist teachers
and other school personnel in the classroom, in the lunch room, on the
playground, or wherever they are needed most.  Volunteers serve as tutors
and role models for students while motivating them and encouraging
enthusiasm towards learning.

www.muohio.edu/adoptaschool, or send an e-mail to

>I look forward to seeing you at the placement sessions!
>
>Sarah Barnaby
>Adopt A School
>Director
>529. 8720

Cheryl Burgan Evans, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of the Graduate School and
Associate Professor - Family Studies
Graduate School
102B Roudebush Hall
Miami University