GSCA Archives

October 2001

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Y.R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:20:00 -0400
Thanks Mr. Bender for your reply.  The information you shared will hopefully
help the board retool the board structure and provide a more timely
management and dissemination of info to the community in the coming years.
I am well aware of the challenges the board faces, those issues are not new
or unique to the current board.

It would seem to most folks that another means of working on the listserv or
the appointment of another board partner to access and edit the list would
be appropriate at this juncture.  A one week delay for postings is an
unwarranted delay and process response for info that is time sensitive.  Why
would the board have someone work on the listserv that can not access it
daily?  Well all things have a reason, however nebulous at times.

Continued success with your work at Miami University and with the GSA.

Yolanda R. Brown

LIVE THE WORDS...REAP THE REWARDS!

To decide to live at the level of choice is to take responsibility
and be in control of your life.                         Arbie M. Dale

“Self worth cannot be verified by others. You are a worthy person because
you say it is so. If you depend on others for your
  value it is other-worth.” Wayne Dyer-Your Erroneous Zones

Be prepared, curious and vigilant!                      Yolanda R. Brown

Be the change you wish to see in the world.      Mahatma Gandhi

Vision looks inward and becomes duty.
Vision looks outward and becomes aspiration.
Vision looks upward and becomes faith.          Author unknown
computer.