GSCA Archives

October 2008

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Sanders, Peter Bernard Mr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:31:27 -0400

Greetings GSCA Members,

The Graduate Students of Color Association (GSCA) is planning a trip to the National Underground Freedom Center in Cincinnati, OH on November 8th, 2008.

We will be departing from the Shriver Center at 9:30am and we will return by 3:00pm. We are also encouraging students to have lunch at Newport on the Levy or on Fountain Square at 1:00pm. Lunch will be on you own but the GSCA will cover the costs of entrance to the Freedom Center for a limited number of trip participants.

If interested in attending this trip, please reserve your spot with Peter B. Sanders by noon of October 22, 2008. We need a count of committed individuals to finalize how many Miami vans we will be taking and to finalize driver logistics. If you and/or a group of fellow members want to stay in Cincinnati longer, you will need to drive your own cars, but the GSCA will still cover the entrance costs.

Sincerely,

Peter B. Sanders
GSCA Executive Board Member

Please email reservations to Peter B. Sanders at [log in to unmask]
by Noon of October 22, 2008!!!!

GSCA members are also invited to attend a NAACP Black Student, Faculty& Staff mixer on October 20, 2008 at 5:30pm. The following is the invitation for the mixer and contact information on how to make reservations to attend the event. If you are attending, please mention that you are member of the GSCA when you reserve:

On behalf of our NAACP chapter I would like to invite you to join us for fellowship and network purposes.  We will be hosting a Black Student, Faculty& Staff mixer. The event will take place:

 Monday, October 20, 2008
 In the CBCL of Kreger Hall @ 5:30 pm

The event will last no longer than an hour and a half at the most. We would like to keep it at an hour / hour 15 minutes. There will be an icebreaker activity and small groups formed where students will rotate circles, meeting different faculty and staff members, and exchanging information.

*******
Light snacks/refreshments will be provided.
We are asking for an RSVP no later than Wednesday, October 15, 2008. Please reserve by emailing Nicole Gray at < [log in to unmask]>. Thank You.

I look forward to hearing from you all and fellowshipping with you. Be Blessed

Ms. Nicole Gray
Miami University: Oxford, OH
NAACP - Chapter President
LYLAS - Communications Director

Please reserve by emailing Nicole Gray at < [log in to unmask]> by Wednesday, October 15, 2008!!!