GSCA Archives

September 2005

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jarius Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:34:19 -0400
I would like to thank all GSCA members who attended last Friday’s Jazz
Reception.  Your presence helped to make the reception the enjoyable and
elegant event that it has been for the past 16 years.  Special thanks to
those who attended last Wednesday’s Hurricane Katrina dialogue session.
Though we were small in number, we truly had a powerful and edifying
discussion.  Though some of you may have missed it because of previous
obligations, I would still like to provide you with the opportunity to
contribute.  An idea that was discussed was the option of donating to the
Black America Web Fund.  This donation would be given to families who are
hosting victims of this tragedy.  The other option is to give to the
American Red Cross.  Either way, I would like to afford you the
opportunity to contribute on behalf of the Graduate Students of Color
Association.  Let’s not forget, this tragedy will forever have changed the
lives of people of color.  Now is not the time for complacency!  If you
wish to contribute, please contact me before this Friday, September 30.
If you have an opinion about which fund we should give to, please let me
know.

Jairus Matthews