GSCA Archives

January 2013

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Valerie Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:24:29 -0500
GSCA Upcoming Events for the week of January 29, 2013
--------------------------------
I hope you are off to a great semester!  Below are a few events to
consider.

**Today **
1.	Tuesday, January 29th - GSCA 1st Winter Social

**Upcoming Events**
2.	This Friday, February 1st - 12th Race, Class, Gender, Sexuality
Symposium
3.	 March 6th to 10th -25th Annual National Black Graduate Student
(NBGSA) Conference (in Detroit)
*Still time to submit a proposal - due by 2/1/2013
---------------------------------
1) GSCA 1st Winter Social
Come celebration the start of the semester with free food and great
company!  Reconnect and network!!

Today, Tuesday, January 29th @ 7pm Buffalo Wild Wings (10 E. Walnut
Street, Oxford)
---------------------------------
2) 12th Race, Class, Gender, Sexuality Symposium
This conference features scholars from Miami and across the region.  The
keynote speaker, Dr Tiffany Willoughby-Herard, University of
California-Irvine, will speak from 2:00 to 3:10pm.  See the attached flyer
for more information and hope to see you there!

Friday, February 1st @ 9:00am to 5:30pm, Shriver MPR
------------------------------
3) 25th Annual NBGSA Conference: "Honoring the Past, Defining the Future"
The NBGSA Annual Conference will be held in Detroit/Dearborn, MI this
year!  This is a great opportunity to engage with your peers, present your
research and meet new friends.  Scholars attending this conference
include: Drs Terrell Strayhorn (OSU), Molefi Kete Asante (Temple),
Jerlando Jackson (WI-Madison), Felicia Moore Mensah (Columbia), and more.
Visit their website for more information:  http://nbgsa.org/nbgsc2013/.
Let me know if you are interested in attending.

February 1st is the deadline for proposals, see link below for more
information.
http://nbgsa.org/nbgsc2013/agenda-programs/call-for-papers

Wednesday, March 6th to Sunday, March 10th @ Detroit/Dearborn, MI
------------------------------

If you have announcements to send to the GSCA listserv, email Valerie
Robinson at [log in to unmask]

GSCA | The Graduate School
102 Roudebush Hall | Oxford, OH

To remove yourself from this list or to see archives, go to
http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/gsca.html

Valerie O. Robinson
Director of Diversity Enhancement
Miami University Graduate School
102 Roudebush Hall
Oxford, OH  45056
513-529-4130
www.MiamiOH.edu/graduate

Please update your records with my new email address: