GSCA Archives

January 2006

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jamon Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:20:05 -0500
Hello Everybody this is Jamon Holt

Happy New Year to all and I hope that your semesters have gotten off to a
good start. Can you believe its February already? To Celebrate Black
history month we are teaming up with the African Student Association and
putting on a film series that will start this Friday and be held each
week. There will be short discussions after each film to informally talk
about some of the important issues that these films raise and how they
affect our relationships with one another. On the last Friday of the month
February 24th we will have a dinner and possibly  to culminate the end of
the month in the 1809 room in shriver.

The movies will start at 6:30pm  in Leonard Auditorium, which is Peabody
Hall on Western Campus. Refreshments will be provided at each viewing. We
are showing:

Sankofa: February 3rd

Higher Learning: February 10th

Sometime in April: February 17th

Please make plans to come to a movie or two and the especially the dinner.
Stay tuned for more information concerning the dinner as we are working on
slating a keynote speaker for the event. If you have any questions or
concerns please feel free to email me, Jamon Holt at [log in to unmask]

Jamon Holt
Coordinator for Multicultural Student Recruitment
Executive Board Member GSCA