GSCA Archives

April 2008

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lara Chatman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:21:09 -0400
Graduate job opportunity that can be done in addition to an assistantship
with free room and board (for extra money) and for a single person. Thought
you might be interested.

FROM: DeVona Miller

I am searching for a new resident manager for the Climer Guest Lodge for
the 2008-09 academic year.  Last spring several of you were very helpful in
sharing this information with the students within your respective areas.
If you are no longer involved as a grad student director, please let me
know and I will remove your name from my list.

We are in need of a grad student who will be very dependable as they will
be responsible for securing the Murstein Alumni Center at the end of each
work day.  In addition to locking up the building, they are also
responsible for greeting VIP guests of the University after hours (starting
at 5:00 p.m.) and on weekends.

In exchange for their services they are provided a room (in our building)
and a meal plan.  The room is small (similar to a dorm room) with a twin
bed, therefore I am searching for a single student.

If you know of anyone who might be interested who doesn't have their
housing lined up for next year, please feel free to e-mail this to them, or
if you prefer, you may e-mail me their name, address, e-mail, or whatever
you have available and I will be happy to contact them directly.  For
anyone who might be interested in the position, I would like for them to e-
mail a copy of their resume to me
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.  Thank you so much
for your assistance!

DeVona Miller
Associate Director
Stewardship and Donor Relations / Scholarship Management
Miami University
725 East Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH  45056
513/529-1279
513/529-1466 fax

My goal in life is to be as good of person as my dog already thinks I am.
Author unknown.

Opportunity to live and work at the Climer Lodge. Comes with a meal plan
as  well as a place to live. Can be done in addition to GA/TA work, as I
understand it.

Carla
Carla Gardina Pestana
W. E. Smith Professor of History