GSCA Archives

February 2008

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lara Chatman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:22:00 -0500
The NAACP Miami University Chapter cordially invites you to our first
annual Freedom Fund Banquet!

March 1, 2008 will be a night of recognition, inspiration, and elegant
fellowship.  This is a banquet that will celebrate the values and missions
of the NAACP Youth and College chapter and the NAACP at large. During this
event we will be graced with the inspirational presence of Speaker and
professor Dr. Rodney Coates.  Dr. Coates specializes in the areas of race
and ethnic relations, stratification, urban sociology, and political
sociology.  In addition to a phenomenal speaker and buffet dinner, the
Legacy Award will be given to three students, two faculty members of Miami
University, and one community member of Oxford.  This award recognizes
those who continue follow and innovate the footsteps steps of those before
us, committing to fight for educational opportunities, and freedoms that we
have today. These individuals are not only concerned with the improvement
and progression of themselves, but those that will follow. This will be a
night of intellect, freedom, and greatness.  Please join us in this joyous,
elegant celebration; reflective of our rich heritage, accomplishments and
future.

What: First Annual NAACP Freedom fund Banquet

When: March 1, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Where: Heritage Room in the Shriver Center

To RSVP contact Shaneqa Harper at [log in to unmask]

Eloiza Domingo-Snyder

Director of Diverse Student Development

Office of Diversity Affairs

Kreger Hall 29