GSCA Archives

August 2006

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kidada Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:24:24 -0400
Welcome to the new and returning members of GSCA. We look forward to an
exciting year. For those of you we saw this past Saturday at the
orientation and or barbeque, thank you for your support. A tentative
schedule was passed out at the orientation and I will post it with the
next email.

We have a "Get to Know You" social gathering on Tuesday evening, Sep. 5th
at BW3's at 7:00 pm. Hope you all come out and get to know one another.

*****GSCA will be participating in a food drive to support the Family
Resource Center in Oxford. I realize we are graduate students and don't
have much, but there are many in Oxford who have less than we do.*****

We are collecting the following items in order of importance of donations:
1. canned vegetables    7. Peanut butter    13. condiments
2. canned soup          8. rice & pasta
3. boxed meals          9. tuna
4. macaroni & cheese   10. canned fruit
5. baking supplies     11. cereal
6. Ramen noodles       12. snacks (granola bars, snack size cookies, etc.)

If we all donate even 1 item, it will help. Please drop your donations in
102 Roudebush at my desk (just ask where it is). The goal is to make our
first donation by September 15, 2006.

Kidada Robinson
Family Studies, Masters student
GSCA, President