GSCA Archives

September 1998

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jennifer Mauch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 18:29:54 -0400
Hello!

I am the student campus organizer for Teach for America.  Teach for America is
the national teacher corps of outstanding and diverse recent college graduates
of all academic majors and cultural backgrounds.  Founded by a group of college
seniors and recent college graduates in 1989, TFA has grown to include 1000
corps members annually, who commit two years to teach in under-resourced urban
and rural public schools.  These positions are paid and you do not need to be an
education major to apply with TFA!

My job is to help TFA recruit Miami seniors through a campaign series comprised
of flyers, posters, coffeehouses, press coverage, etc.  I am looking for help!
If you have questions about TFA, or would like to join the TFA student
committee, please call @ 664-6481.  Thank you!  Jenny