GSCA Archives

February 2013

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Valerie Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:26:49 -0500
GSCA Announcements and Upcoming Events for the week of February 5, 2013
--------------------------------
I hope you are off to a great semester!  Below are a few announcements and
events to consider.

**Announcements**
1.	Graduate Student Support Group
2.	Travel Fund - March 1st deadline

**Upcoming Events**
3.	February 13th through 19th - Black History Celebration Film Series
4.	March 6th to 10th -25th Annual National Black Graduate Student
(NBGSA) Conference (in Detroit)
*Still time to submit a proposal
---------------------------------
1) Graduate Student Support Group
This is a graduate student group where you can meet and discuss anything
from relationships, academics or other things causing stress or anxiety.
Consider coming together with your peers. Flyer is attached.

Tuesdays 4:00 - 5:30pm @ the MU Student Counseling Center
---------------------------------
2) Graduate School & GSA Travel Fund Deadline
If you presented at a conference or recently accepted to present, the next
deadline for travel funds through the Graduate School and GSA is quickly
approaching.  Visit the website below for more information - click on the
link for Graduate School Travel Fund Application.

http://www.miami.muohio.edu/graduate-studies/forms-publications/index.html

---------------------------------
3)Black History Celebration: Film Series
See attached flyer with info on 3 Films being presented to the Miami
community.

Friday, February 13th , 17th and 19th in the Shriver Center
------------------------------
4) 25th Annual NBGSA Conference: "Honoring the Past, Defining the Future"
The NBGSA Annual Conference will be held in Detroit/Dearborn, MI this
year!  This is a great opportunity to engage with your peers, present your
research and meet new friends.  Scholars attending this conference
include: Drs Terrell Strayhorn (OSU), Molefi Kete Asante (Temple),
Jerlando Jackson (WI-Madison), Felicia Moore Mensah (Columbia), and more.
Visit their website for more information:  http://nbgsa.org/nbgsc2013/.
Let me know if you are interested in attending.

The February 1st deadline for proposals has been extended, see link below
for more information.
http://nbgsa.org/nbgsc2013/agenda-programs/call-for-papers

Wednesday, March 6th to Sunday, March 10th @ Detroit/Dearborn, MI
------------------------------
GSCA | The Graduate School
102 Roudebush Hall | Oxford, OH

To remove yourself from this list or to see archives, go to
http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/gsca.html

Valerie O. Robinson
Director of Diversity Enhancement
Miami University Graduate School
102 Roudebush Hall
Oxford, OH  45056
513-529-4130
www.MiamiOH.edu/graduate

Please update your records with my new email address: