ISAEXEC2007 Archives

August 2007

ISAEXEC2007@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Patel, Kavita S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patel, Kavita S.
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:32:50 -0400
Hey guys!!

Hows everyone's summer going?!  I hope you all are enjoying it!! :)  Dr. Berman had mentioned starting a chapter last semester for Free the Slaves.  Dr. Bales is the founder so its pretty awesome that he's coming (try to sign up for the lunch if you are free!!).  It would be neat to get his idea of what the organization does, this is the link to it:

http://www.freetheslaves.net/
http://freetheslaves.net/2007/06/12/breaking-news-30-rescued-in-india/

The second link is one recent incident in India.  We thought this organization could bring a good community service component to ISA, and ISA could help initiate a chapter on campus.  When Dr. Bales comes, we can talk to him about what the chapter would do and things like that.  And hey, its a free lunch so why not right?!  ALSO, if you have Diwali theme ideas please email them to Pooja or me!!

See you guys soon!!!!

Kavi