JOURMAJR Archives

April 2000

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:01:04 -0400
>Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 02:58:53 -0400
>From: Jesus Week 2000 Communications Committee <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Jesus Week 2000
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>
>There is a buzz around campus.  Miami students are being confronted with
all sorts of diverse perspectives, and are becoming more active in
expressing their opinions.  Students have seen the photographic documentary
of the realities of ABORTION, discussed RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE, and heard the
"EX-GAY" speaker.  What's next?

>Between all of the controversy stands one man...  one God...  Jesus.
>
>Over 2000 years since his birth, we are celebrating his life, death, and
>resurrection, with a week-long program of events.  Appropriately named
"Jesus Week," it seeks to meet the different and unique members of the
campus body where there are.

>The week will be filled with opportunities for dialogue and discussion
>concerning relevant social issues.  Topics include:
>
>   -Male Sexuality: The Secrets of Sex
>   -Jesus: The First Feminist
>   -More than Eggs and Bunny Rabbits: the Meaning of Easter and the
>Evidence Behind it
>   -The Road to Unity: A Common Truth to Bridging the Racial Divide
>   -Jewish Skeptic Embraces the Resurrection
>
>Other activities during the week include:
>   -The Big Rock Show!
>   -Candlelight Vigil
>   -Open Mic Night
>   -Jesus Film Viewing and Discussion
>   -Mega-Meeting at Millet
>
>Check the schedule out for yourself at the official Jesus Week website:
>www.muohio.edu/~muste/JesusWeek/
>
>I want to encourage you to challenge yourself and others by attending
>some of this week's activities.
>

>Respectfully,
>Ryan P. MacCarthy
>Vice-President, Sigma Theta Epsilon

>ttachment Converted: "C:\Munet\Commapps\Eudora\Attach\JesusWeekSchedule.doc"

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch ... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson