JOURMAJR Archives

February 2001

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Abigail Van <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:53:22 GMT
EYE ON ALUMNI: Mon., Feb. 12, Shriver Multipurpose Rooms, 7-9 p.m.

Journalism majors should not miss this year's Eye on Alumni program. Three of
the five panelists currently work in journalism-related fields and were
journalism majors here at Miami. We really will find jobs after Miami!
  The panelists are:
* David P. Flemming `90 (Eng./journalism major), senior writer for ESPN The
Magazine and former Sports Illustrated writer

* Margaret Peterson Haddix `86 (Eng./journalism major), children's author
primarily for ages 8-15. Her books have been on the Children's Fiction Best
Seller list

* Bill Hemmer `87 (broadcast journalism major), CNN news anchor

* H. Stanley Anderson `78, director of broadcast design for CNN. He has done
sketchwork for "Edward Scissorhands," "Batman: The Return," "My So-Called Life"

* Mina Jones Jefferson `87, partner at Frost & Jacobs (a Cincinnati law firm)
and currently a law professor at UC