JOURMAJR Archives

March 2004

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kristin Gagliardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristin Gagliardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:21:24 -0500
Hello everyone.  Since registration for Fall Semester begins next week,
here’s some important information about registering for/force-adding
Journalism courses:

1).     Remember that when you register online you need to be looking for the
new JRN courses and not the old ENG courses.  (If you don’t know what that
means, let me know or come to the meeting tomorrow.  See below).
2).     If you get closed out of JRN 201, 312, 316, 318, 417, 418 or 421
online, you need to fill out a Force-Add Request form and get it back to
me completed with a copy of your DARS attached no later than Monday April
26 for your best shot at getting the class!  We will be adding the top 4
students for each section and filling any open spaces shortly after that
date.
3).     Fill out 1 form per course you want.
4).     To avoid waiting in line to fill out the form in my office, stop by my
office and get them and then come by later to drop them off.  Please give
them to me in person, but if I’m with another student, you don’t have to
wait; just pop your head in and hand them to me.

Other announcements:
-       There will be no force-adds for JRN 101 at this time.  If you get closed
out, you can come to my office and put your name on a list of students
interested in taking it.

-       To force-add JRN/COM 314, see the Communications Department.

-       Remember there’s a Journalism Meeting tomorrow, Tuesday March 23, from
5-6:30 in the Bachelor Reading Room about the new Journalism major and the
new Journalism classes.  Pizza and pop will be provided!  I will be there
too if you have any questions, and I’ll have copies of the Force-Add
Request Form if you want to pick some up.

-       My office hours this semester are Monday, Wednesday, 12-4 and Thursday 1-3

Good Luck with BannerWeb registration!
--
Kristin Gagliardi
Assistant Undergraduate Advisor/Teaching Associate