JOURMAJR Archives

March 2007

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Denise Cheng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Cheng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:08:27 -0400
Hey everyone,

If you're in the Philadelphia area over the summer and are interested in
media (esp the activist kind), I'd suggest checking out the Prometheus
Radio Project. Here's a description:

Prometheus Radio Project has played a key role in the struggle to get
licenses for community radio stations. Prometheus practices a mixture of
research, advocacy, activism and direct services to organizations that
want to start radio stations on the newly won rules for neighborhood
radio. We offer internships to students who would like to help in our
work, and who want the opportunity to develop their skills in radio and
media activism. Interns will have the opportunity to work on the many
aspects of our project, ranging from closely supervised work to
independent projects.

http://prometheusradio.org/content/view/28/81/

--denise.