JOURMAJR Archives

October 2004

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:53:38 -0400
To journalism students
 From Laurel Hricik, Graduate Assistant at the Institute of Environmental
Sciences

Re:  writing editing project

I am a graduate student in IES working with Dr. Hand, Dr.Boardman, Dr.
Cummins and some students
on trying to inform the campus and community about various
environmental issues. We are currently working on articles to submit
to newspapers, commentaries to air on the radio, and web pages.
However, many of us do not have the necessary background in writing
for these types of media. I am asking for your help in finding
students who would be interested in  helping us develop our writing and/or
proof read our articles. This
"local news" project is still in its preliminary stages and could use
input from people from many disciplines, your help is greatly appreciated
and has the potential to impact the effectiveness of our articles.

Laurel Hricik
Graduate Assistant at the Institute of Environmental Sciences
Miami University
102 Boyd Hall
Phone: 513-529-5811
E-mail: [log in to unmask]