JOURMAJR Archives

October 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sacha Bellman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:45:01 -0400
Are you interested in public relations and want to make some money this
spring?

The  Corporate Communications department of The Cincinnati Insurance
Companies is looking to start interviewing interested students for its
winter internship. The internship includes writing the company's weekly
newsletter, working on marketing brochures and even writing for the web.
The company tries to tailor each internship experience to the specific
students interests, whether that's more marking or internet, etc.

The catch is that they need someone full time. The position is paid and it
will provide you with valuable work experience.

See the flyer and info on the company below:

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
Corporate Communications Internships

The Corporate Communications department produces and edits internal
communications for associates, external materials for our agents and
policyholders, marketing materials, and information posted on our
corporate Web sites. Interns learn and contribute by gathering
information, writing, editing and performing clerical support for the
department. Interns may also shadow team members on short-term projects.

Responsibilities
Primarily, our interns work with the following publications:

•	Newsletter: gather and confirm information, write and edit articles and
work with the Printing department to produce and distribute our weekly
company newsletter
•	Newsletter Supplements: compile information, write and edit materials
announcing special associate events
•	Letters We Like: edit letters from agents and policyholders for
compilation in this quarterly publication that recognizes associates for
outstanding performance
•	The Cincinnatian: assist editor with writing, editing and developing
quarterly magazine geared toward our agent partners

Skills
Successful interns:
•	use Microsoft Word and Outlook organizer; knowledge of Excel or Power
Point is a plus
•	possess excellent written and oral communication skills
•	use grammar properly in written and oral communications
•	have the ability to accept and apply feedback and constructive criticism
•	demonstrate enthusiasm to learn by taking initiative

For more information about internship opportunities, please contact Betsy
Ertel at (513) 603-5707 or [log in to unmask]

Cincinnati Financial Overview
Cincinnati Financial Corporation has six subsidiaries. The lead property
casualty insurance subsidiary is The Cincinnati Insurance Company. The
Cincinnati Casualty Company and The Cincinnati Indemnity Company also
offer business, homeowner, auto and personal liability insurance. The
Cincinnati Life Insurance Company markets life and disability income
insurance and annuities. CFC Investment Company offers commercial leasing
and financing services. CinFin Capital Management Company provides asset
management services to institutions, corporations and individuals.
Approximately 2,900 associates work at our headquarters building in
Fairfield, Ohio—just north of Cincinnati—and more than 1,000 in field
locations. A select group 1,000 independent insurance agencies offer
Cincinnati Insurance products.