JOURMAJR Archives

March 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Patti Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patti Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:40:52 -0500
All:

Welcome back to Oxford!

As noted in this space before you left town, The Journalism Program will
offer three $1,000 scholarships this spring, with applications due on April
1:

    > The Timothy J. Rogers Journalism Scholarship (one award) will be made
to a rising sophomore, junior or senior student working for a student-run
media. (A cover sheet and application are attached as one document.)

    > The Memorial Tournament Journalism Scholarships (two awards) will be
made to rising seniors studying print or broadcast journalism, with strong
academic performance and financial need. (A cover sheet and application are
attached as two separate documents.)

Applications are now available in several locations: The English Department
office (Bachelor 356), the Mass Comm office (Williams 120); outside the
office of Richard Campbell, Bachelor 279; from JRN professors; and as
attachments here.

If you plan to apply, keep in mind that students seeking needs-based
scholarships must be registered with the Office of Student Financial
Assistance. Additionally, be aware that both applications require an essay
of 400 to 500 words, outlining your growth as a journalist.

Send any querries my way and good luck with your applications.

Patti

Patricia Gallagher Newberry
www.marriedwchildren.com