JOURMAJR Archives

December 2006

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Emile Dawisha <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emile Dawisha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:13:29 +0000
All:

Please read the forwarded message below if you would like to submit your
work to the Society of Professional Journalists' Mark of Excellence Awards.
JD Malone and Leah Rupp both won first prizes at our regional conference and
qualified for the national competition.

~Emile Dawisha

Emile Dawisha
Cell:  513-256-0162
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056

>From: "SPJ Member Resources" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 2006 Mark of Excellence Awards Call for Entries
>Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 17:22:03 -0500
>

>Annually, the Society of Professional Journalists presents the Mark of
>Excellence Awards to honor the best in student journalism.  The awards
>offer 39 categories for print, radio, television, and online collegiate
>journalism. Entries are first judged on the regional level. Regional
>award winners will be honored at the spring regional conferences. First
>place regional winners are forwarded on to the national competition.
>National winners will be honored at the 2007 SPJ Convention & National
>Journalism Conference in Washington, D.C., Oct. 4-7.
>
>The contest is open to anyone enrolled in a college or university and
>studying for an academic degree in 2006. Students who have had
>full-time, professional journalism experience, outside of internships,
>do not qualify. Entries must have been published or broadcast during the
>2006 calendar year.  Work that was published, broadcast or produced
>during or part of a student internship is acceptable. Unpublished
>manuscripts, classroom exercises and unaired news broadcasts do not
>qualify.
>
>The postmark deadline is January 23, 2007.
>
>Please visit http://www.spj.org/a-moe.asp for complete details and to
>obtain an entry form.
>
>For questions or more information, contact Programs Coordinator Heather
>Porter at 317-927-8000 ext. 204 or [log in to unmask] for more information.

>SPJ Member ID: 526833

Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
cash from MSN today!
http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us