JOURMAJR Archives

March 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:35:45 -0500
Hello!

I know it's a busy time, but I'm writing because I and other members of
the journalism faculty are very interested in getting student input re.
changes you would recommend in the journalism curriculum for the future.
Now that we've had a year of teaching in the new program, we know from our
perspective what's seems to be working and what doesn't, but we really
want to hear how things are going from your perspective.

We are especially interested in hearing your comments about the way
Journalism 201 and 202 are being taught as "converged" classes, and
whether you have any suggestions or would recommend any changes to improve
the content of those two courses.

We are also interested in hearing your suggestions for improving other
courses.

You may either respond via e-mail or drop off a response in the English
Department office (Bachelor 356), to my attention. You need not include
your name, but telling us who you are will make it possible for us to ask
follow-up questions about your experiences or ideas.

If you are able to take a few moments to do this, we'll be very grateful!

Cheryl Gibbs
on behalf of the journalism faculty